Thanksgiving vacation was a whirlwind. Everything went by so fast, but I did learn some valuable lessons…
1. Never travel on the day before Thanksgiving. It can turn what is supposed to be a 4.5 hour car ride into an 8 hour ride from hell complete with hallucinations and plenty of cursing.
2. Always take immune boosters before a trip like Vitamin C and elderberry. Because getting sick on vacation stinks.
3. Even though the stuffed seitan roast is a thing of beauty, use a higher aperture for the “vegan Thanksgiving plate shot” so all the food is in focus. Not just the roast. (Not shown is the gravy. For a description of what is on the plate, click here and scroll down).
5. Leave the work at home because chances are it won’t get done and it will be there when you get back.
6. Kids (and a blonde wig) keep you young.
7. Family is everything.
8. Cleaning up can be fun. Just depends on how you look at it.